Thursday, June 15, 2006

No So Amazing Journey

.....But it will be a journey none the less. I will find out what I am made of so I guess in the end I will learn about myself.

Two weeks ago, I was a healthy 40 year old woman. On June 12th, I found out I have cancer. Funny thing is, I am still a healthy 40 year old woman. I feel like I could run a marathon, good thing because I am about to start one, so to speak. I have Inflammatory Breast Cancer of the left breast. I had two rather severe breast injuries over the past seven months and was misdiagnosed with fat necrosis until I went to see a PA at my doctors office, I didn't like the changes I was seeing and neither did she so we both grabbed the bull by the horns and got some answers. It has been a whirlwind! I went from doctors appointment, to MRI, to breast surgeon, to biopsy to definitive diagnosis in two weeks time, imagine the shit storm that is going on in my head!

I am blogging about this for my own sanity and to give those who are interested and care about me an update. I am told this is a rare form or breast cancer that often goes misdiagnosed but it is very treatable and I have every intention of getting better. I am not looking for medical advice from people or stories of other peoples fight, I appreciate it but I do not want to know what happened to your Aunt Tilly when she had breast cancer 15 years ago. I am putting 100% faith in the doctors I have selected and I am giving myself to them fully so I can get better. I have a great support system at home but I think this is a good way to keep up with all the friends I have met through the various blogs and boards I take part in. Your love, prayers and support are truly appreciated.

If you are interested, you can come back here to see what is going on with me and where I am in my treatment process. Feel free to comment and send positive energy my way, thanks in advance for all your support.

18 Comments:

Blogger ShiningWater said...

Keep the faith, dear girl. If anyone ever had the strenght, courage, spirit and sheer bollocks (so to speak!) to get through this, it's you! I think that I can speak for all of the Shout in that we're behind you 100%!

XOXOXO,
sky

6/26/2006 09:53:00 AM  
Blogger haribomort said...

Who-vibes coming your way Meg!!! - they're the best kind of vibes you can have you know!! :-)

Take care

Tony

6/26/2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

I'm here too!

My best thoughts, positive vibes and love are beeing sent now from London to PA, non-stop and with no return.

All and only the best for you, my sweet Meg.

xoxoxo
M

6/26/2006 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Meg,

You've got a great attitude and a positive outlook, and that's going to get you through anything. And if that doesn't do it, you can always turn to your fellow Relayers/Who freaks...we're not just passionate about the music, y'know. The Who family is important and we're here for you.

Jason

6/26/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger ozzie said...

Meg,
You have great energy and I believe your are focused on getting better. I'm happy to hear you have support at home, and I know the Who community is there for you as well. Prayer has been in my conversations as of late, and while I've not been one to pray much, I will pray for your success with this very scary part of your life.
Love,
ozzie

6/26/2006 01:07:00 PM  
Blogger GvB said...

Hi Meg !

"I have every intention of getting better"...and that is the best medicine !
And then there's always another "remedy": The Who !

Gitta

6/26/2006 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger PTfan said...

How very corageous of you to share this with everyone. You know my thoughts and prayers are with you constantly!

6/26/2006 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Ann said...

More power to you darlin! you are in my prayers and positive thoughts.
cherylann

6/26/2006 01:37:00 PM  
Blogger trrish said...

Hi Meg,

Some other Relayer's have been there, never fear. Keep up that attitude and you'll do fine!!!!

Trish

ps. you might need to tell Joyce to keep her hands off for a while :-)

6/26/2006 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Meg

You fight hard my friend and keep that positive attitude. It really helps you win the battle. I have friends who have been thru the same as yours and others that had a very minimal chance and are all doing well. I have friends at Sloan Kettering in NYC, if you need any help, just ask.

I'm sending my love, hope and prayers your way. Fight, baby Fight. We're all here for you.

Mark

6/26/2006 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Hey Meg, It is a great thing that you took this bull by the horns. Good for you for getting on top of it.

6/26/2006 04:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mike S said...

All my positive energy and positive
vibes I can mustard...ah...I mean
muster I think?Haha!So,it looks
like you'll have to investigate
Barry AND now Joyce as well!:):)

6/26/2006 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Mike, the list is longer then those two, christ, I have my work cut out for me!!!

6/26/2006 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger bluesfromthesky said...

I will NEVER stop fondling you Meg ... but I will be gentle with healing hands ;-). You are an inspiration to me, you are strong, you are invincible, you are woman ...

6/26/2006 07:02:00 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Meg,
I think the line "I have every intention of getting better" is more than encouraging in terms of your fighting spirit.

I want to applaud your decision to tackle this head-on and want to offer all the positive health karma I have.

Take care,
Anne-Marie

6/26/2006 07:56:00 PM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

My sweetie here I am again.
I was just thinking, when The Who will be playing on Sunday I will be thinking of you and sending you music notes through the ether.

Hang on in there babe!

My love and friendship, though far away, will always be near you.
xoxoxo
M

6/28/2006 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger Bri said...

Hi Meg, Rachel fan Brina here. When I had my preemie baby Ethan, everyone wanted to tell me stories about preemies they'd known or heard of. Ad nauseum, it was maddening.

So I get your point, clearly!

I'm just here to lend you positive healing energy and support. I'm thankful you mentioned your cancer on Rachel's blog. "Shine" is a great theme song for you. I will think of you now every time I hear it.

Virtual hugs,
Brina in Minnesota

7/03/2006 06:22:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Meg, fellow listener of the best rock band in the world. I just wanted to send you some good vibes and prayers.

Lionel

7/07/2006 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home