Sunday, July 09, 2006

Someone call an exterminator!

Well, tomorrow is the big day! I liken myself to a house that has termites, I have an infestation in the kitchen that as spread a little to the laundry room but so far the rest of the house is clear of any pestilence. So tomorrow the exterminator will be by to spray his poison to kill the nuisance that has taken over. After he kills all the termites a little demolition will have to be done to rid the house of the damage that they caused. Then a few laser beams will be shot around to make sure everything that isn't supposed to be there is dead, once the building inspector is satisfied the house is clean then the rebuild will begin and the kitchen will be better then before, of course, with the help of a very good contractor!

I am actually glad this process is beginning, I can't tell you how much I hate the thought of this poison coursing through my veins. It is against every fiber of my being to put poison into my body. In all honesty, I have never inhaled smoke of any kind (well second hand) into my lungs, I have never taken and illegal drug, I have very limited exposure to narcotics, I have gone 17 years without even taking an antibiotic. Well all that is dramatically going to change, I have to take steroids (in limited doses) I have to take anti nausea medicine and I have to take strong antibiotics all to counteract the side affects of chemotherapy. The drugs that will be given to me are very strong, they will take my hair, lower my blood counts and ravage my immune system. They will also cure me, that is a fair price to pay if you ask me. You see I want to live, my youngest child is 6 and she needs me to walk her through life just like my older children do and I have no intention of letting any of them down. To be honest, I want to live, there is so much out there yet to do.

So tomorrow and every 21 days here on out (through October 23), if you have a free moment in your day, send a positive vibe my way. I am sure I will get them and they will lift me up!

Stand back and watch me shine!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee Bird said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/09/2006 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Bird said...

Many positive vibes, Meg! Hold tight and keep focused on where you want to be. Much love to you!

7/09/2006 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Meg, keep your chin up, having had the immense pleasure of meeting you in person, I am certain you are strong enough to meet this head on and beat it.

I will be thinking about you today, please check back when you can and let us know how it went.

All the best

Ron

7/10/2006 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger PTfan said...

You go girl! I'm very proud of you!
That analogy is pretty darned good.

7/10/2006 03:01:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Ann said...

Loads of positive vibes darlin' being sent to you. I hope all the little "bugs" in your life disapear. Warm thoughts, good vibes, and BIG LOVE being sent
cherylann

7/11/2006 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Alecia said...

The exterminator visual you have is a good one. Being creative as you are, using visualization in tandem with your treatment could prove beneficial. It's a positive action - same as affirmations, so how can that be wrong?

I am a believer in using meditation and/or prayer to help direct yourself in a positive way. Consider using it when you have the chemo to help your body accept it and destroy the enemy while minimizing the good guys. This way you'll also feel you are still in control in as much as your intent for your well being. The other part of it is giving up that which you have no control over and learning to just let go.

receiving lots of hugs are good too especially from little ones, that I can attest to!

7/12/2006 10:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home