Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Treatment 1

Well I did it, one down 5 to go! That is how I am approaching this one step at a time. That in itself is very hard for me, I am a control freak and it is killing me not to be able to have the whole plan laid out in front of me with the outcome certain. I must let the control go!

The procedure itself went well, no pain, the port performed very well. Easy, believe it or not. They are giving me many different medications to keep from getting sick and they are working. I have been experiencing some effects that feel like low blood sugar issues so I feel a bit shakey. I have had these problem prior to cancer so I guess it is normal, it is a note I will take down to discuss with my doctors, it isn't constant.

I feel a little tired not fatigued yet. I worked out last night and I feel a little weaker then normal, not sure if that is mental or physical. I am a little worried I might hurt myself, needless worries I think. I am determined to keep my guns and my "banana". For those of you who have seen or felt my banana know why it is so important to me!!! ha ha ha

All in all it went well and I am fine!

Thanks for supporting me through all of this

Stand back and watch me shine!

11 Comments:

Blogger PTfan said...

Undoing control freakness is a tough one. I know, cuz I'm one too. Well, I'm getting a lot better I think.

Good to hear you are doing alright. Is the tiredness suposed to hit you so quick? It's different with everyone, eh? Plus you have been through an awful lot in a short amount of time. That all may be catching up with you too.

Not sure what the banana is all about. ???

Did you get the Who e-mail??? Woo Who!!!! Thursday noon. I'll be working! Angry!!! I won't find out until the evening. I'm sure we'll be talking by Friday if not sooner!!!!

7/11/2006 05:00:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Bird said...

Glad to hear the first treatment went fairly well--and I hope the others go just as smoothly!

I guess the tiredness cuts in pretty quickly--don't the treatments make you anemic? Keep working out! I think your body handles the stress better if it's got good circulation and etc.

7/11/2006 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shine away Meg, you are truly courageous! Prayers and thoughts are with you on your journey!

7/12/2006 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger bluesfromthesky said...

You know I love touching your bannana!

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. Stay strong!

Grasshopper

7/12/2006 08:04:00 PM  
Blogger jillytee said...

Hi, I came across your blog whilst browsing other bloggers favourites. You sound strong and courageous and it seems like you're doing well. I believe in positive thinking so am sending you positive thoughts RIGHT NOW !!
You go girl !
Jilly x

7/13/2006 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

And more than that, everything!

(maybe a poor attempt to continue from the last blogger's comment? I hope not.)

My heart is here. I swear it. Bannana's honor.

-g+bb

7/13/2006 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger MargieCM said...

Hi Meg,
Glad to hear you're doing OK with the treatment. I think the anti-nausea stuff they have now has made this a lot more "user-friendly". (!)

Been thinking of you a lot lately, although being busy and disorganised this is only my second post here. You have some wonderful friends, and I know they will give you the strength and humour you need.

Hope the treatments continue without too many complications. Tiredness is a pain, but listen to your body and rest if it tells you to. You are going to lick this!

Will visit again soon.
M x

7/13/2006 08:11:00 PM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Oh, Meg your posts are so encouraging. I can't even lift a figure, let alone workout these days, lol, you are sooo strong! Kudos to you.

A little birdie told me that you're going to two WHO shows. I am wishing you to have the best time and also...to get the nipple action I missed!

Luv ya babes,
xoxoxo
M

7/14/2006 02:38:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Bird said...

Hope everything is still going well for you, Meg. When is your next treatment?

7/15/2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Ann said...

Hi Meg,
just me checking in. Keep positive, sending loads of love and prayers and {{{{hugs}}}}
cherylann

7/16/2006 07:55:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Meg, I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you. This morning especially. It is very cool to pray for someone you have never met but have something in common with. I hope your treatments get better!

Have fun with PTFan at the shows!!! No tickets yet but I have the platinum thingy!!

Long Live Rock!

Lioenl

7/17/2006 10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home