Saturday, April 21, 2007

Long Time No Post

Just wanted to let everyone know I am well. I went to the University of Pennsylvania for a second opinion and boy did I get several. I don't like pitting doctors against each other but the difference of opinion I got is almost scary. The good news is after speaking with three different oncologists I am in a better place both treatment wise and mental wise. I am doing chemo again, a different form this time, one IV and one oral. It is again a three week cycle but not nearly as hard on my body. I finished the first cycle, I had my crappy days but overall I did OK. I went to work and did all the other things I normally do. I am about to start the second cycle on Monday and I expect more of the same. I will have another CT sometime in June and hopefully I will start radiation soon after that. I may be on chemo on and off for the rest of my life if this treatment doesn't "get it". My current doctor has a patient who has been on and off chemo for the past 21 years and she is doing well. If I can continue to fight the good fight with the help of chemotherapy then I will stay on it. Best case scenario would be for the combination of this new chemo and radiation to cure me. Fingers crossed!

Just so you know, I am doing well. Throughout all this I was able to run around and do Who shows, work and take care of my family so this bitch hasn't got the best of me yet and as far as I am concerned she won't!!! Sound feisty don't I??? ha ha ha

STAND BACK AND WATCH ME SHINE!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger PTfan said...

Excellent news. I'm glad you went and talked to as many doctors as you have.

I'll just be optimistic about you getting cured during this round. I woudl rather you not to have to make this chemo thing a lifestyle.

: )

4/22/2007 06:00:00 AM  
Blogger MargieCM said...

Meg, I haven't visited you for a while, and was thinking about you yesterday so came to catch up. You have had a rollercoaster ride while I've been away, and I'm so glad I caught your latest post after the bombshell your original oncologist dropped.

Well done you for seeking alternative opinions. This is such an inexact science, and so much depends on the individual as well as the physiology.

You are a fighter, and have so much on your side. Fitness, energy, family, feisty mental attitude and good friends. There are so many wonderful people out there who have defied much gloomier predictions, and I think you are a survivor. Above all, you are unwilling to relinquish control of your life and activities to this thing, and that attitude will help whatever treatment you undertake to do its work well.

Whatever it takes, shiny one!

4/22/2007 08:24:00 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4/26/2007 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

really glad to hear/see news from you Meg. And it's good news. I think I'll sleep better at least tonight, as comparatively (to you?) I am a whimp. Serious.

So you're in to the first week of another form of chemo. Alternate drip and oral. Penn means access to the best. Docs are thinkers and tinkerers and you know them by now. I imagine your family is absolutely rested. And I am glad for them, for you, and all.

I open the shades this Spring each morning and when it's not raining of course the windows gleam with sunlight. I promise each day that starts with glowing belongs to you for your considerable and profound inspiration to women (and to men I am sure) everywhere. For the drizzle-days as began today, well the sun had been so blazing two days before it's impossible to forget. So each morning rises with you, in other words.

very good to read you here.

-ginab+bb

4/26/2007 03:11:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Bird said...

Glad to hear things are going well, Meg. All the best!

4/28/2007 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger jillytee said...

Hi there!
Glad to hear that things are going well and you got several opinions and new treatment options. I work in a private hospital and the cosultants are fantasic and always willing to give an opinion.
Glad to hear you got to see The Who as well, our next time is in June at Wembly.
Keep that fighting spirit going and we'll be watching you SHINE!!!
J x

4/29/2007 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

What a surprise, your "hello" over to mine!!! Very nice to see you out and about. I would love to hear about the roadtrip some time. For now, I'm so glad you're making the rounds,

Was sunny all weekend!

-ginab

4/30/2007 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

YEAH!
Good to see you, Meg!

Thanks for the update....you best believe, I will
put on my best sunglasses when you are around, cause you do SHINE!!!!!!

I am glad to hear that you are in a better place. You are a wonderful person, Meg...you deserve wonderful things in life.

Keep in touch!

xo

5/04/2007 08:03:00 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

noticed this morning the chilly-dew was fastened onto dandylions gone to seed. never noticed them before, in my life, until this morning. frozen and thick they looked. Like snow, I said to myself and then, "no, not like snow". I couldn't find a thing to compare them to. So they stood surrounded by the sun blanketing the wet earth and aiming to shine all day, all over everything.

-ginab

5/10/2007 06:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home