Thursday, September 28, 2006

Surprise, surprise, surprise!

I got Gomer Piled today! I went into the doctors office for what I thought was routine weekly blood work only to find out that I was scheduled for my 5th cycle of chemo today! It got confusing because I rearranged things to go on my Who World trip. I am glad it worked out this way because I have lots of Real World stress at home right now and I was worried about being mentally prepared for my 5th round since the 4th round was sort of rough. They pulled a sneak attack and sometimes the best way to prepare for something like this is to not be prepared at all!

The cycle went just fine, my blood pressure is still a little low 90/52 but they kept pinching me to make sure I'm alive. I am!

One more cycle and I am done!

Stand back and watch me shine!

7 Comments:

Blogger jillytee said...

Hooray! I was wondering where you'd got to. One more to go eh? thats great. we are coming out to see The Who At Hollywood Bowl in November.
Keep on shining cos we're watching
Jill

9/29/2006 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger jillytee said...

Oh I'm sorry we missed you, I would love to have met you.Check out Marks blog www.emptymojo.blogspot.com for more pics of Joes pub and Who concerts
J

9/29/2006 04:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there Meg! Surprise is sometimes everything :-). And this latest one means you're that much closer to 'no more chemo!'.

Bra-vo-blonkin'oh!

-ginab

9/29/2006 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger Alecia said...

Maybe it worked out for the best - this way you didn't have to stress on this as well. It was great to meet you at Joe's although brief. Keep on shining girl - your a light to us all.

10/01/2006 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Bird said...

Great to see you looking healthy and well in Boston, Meg. Hope the rest of your phases go as quickly as this one, and that all is successful!!!

Keep on shining!

10/01/2006 06:45:00 PM  
Blogger MargieCM said...

Woo hoo! Who needs blood pressure anyway? (Don't answer that). And only one more! You're so shiny we're all wearing shades, girl.
M x

10/03/2006 05:01:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Matchett said...

Eye of the Tiger, Meg....Eye of the Tiger.

You seem to be made of incredibly tough stuff.

Hope that this is all over for you soon and that you can be done with hospitals for good.

Tom.x

10/07/2006 01:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home