Monday, July 31, 2006

Second verse same as the first!

Had treatment number 2 today, 2 down 4 to go!!! All I can say, it was rather uneventful. I see the doctor, my oncologist, once every three weeks when I have a treatment. I was very apprehensive to see him today. Mainly because I have been talking to a few Aunt Tilly's and they scare me, telling me stories of the horrors of Chemotherapy, none that I have experienced yet and hope not to but it is hard not to just wait for the other shoe to drop! I have seen a few changes for the good with my body in reference to the cancer and I was afraid to tell him since he is a tad on the pessimistic side but I broke down and told him and guess what he agreed with me and gave me hope today. I am not going to go into it any further as to not jinx myself but I do feel good mentally and physically. During my treatment I also noticed that the woman are much nicer to the others in the room and to the nurses, the men are pretty grouchy, young and old. Kind of strange. I got an unexpected phone call from a friend right in the middle of the treatment, it was nice to hear a friendly voice since I was there alone at the time. I hope all of you know that you lift me up with your kindness!

Screw you Aunt Tilly!

Stand back and watch me shine!

6 Comments:

Blogger PTfan said...

We're all behind you, still praying. Your posts encourage me to keep going. Isn't it something, we encourage you, you encourage us. We're all in it together. Although that may not seem like a totally fair statement, as we are not experiencing what you are, but I think you know what I mean.

Shine has become one of me and my mom's favorite songs. My mom is now a Rachel fan because of you!!! We think of you everytime we hear that song. And let me tell you, we listen to it a LOT!

Oh we're watching you shine alright! You are an inspiration!!!!

7/31/2006 07:06:00 PM  
Blogger MargieCM said...

Yeah, Aunt Tillys should go and find bugs to pull the wings off instead! (sorry, insect-lovers).

It's like those appalling women who regale first-time-pregnant-mums-to-be with those awful horror birth stories. And guess what? We get through just fine it without their help and advice! You wonder what they get out of it.

As for the grouchy men, I fell a bit sorry for them. I suspect they are not used to appearing vulnerable, and don't always talk or display emotion as most women are able to. Outrageous generalisation, but hey, it's a theory.

Really glad to hear your positive news. Focusing on the steps forward just has to be good. I don't believe jinxes happen to nice people. Keep up the good work!

Love, M x

8/01/2006 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger Alecia said...

ooops! Excuse Aslan!.. he's a really smart hammy though isn't he?

8/01/2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

We are all rooting for you Meg, always in our thoughts, even when you think you are alone we are there with you.

Keep that chin up :-0

Ron

8/02/2006 01:26:00 AM  
Blogger Alecia said...

I hope you can make it to the Attic Jam - It would be great to meet you.

Aslan is a character isn't he? I've never seen a hamster with such human expressions. The photo on his blog in his tube especailly captures one of those moments. It seems he is saying something very important, I just havn't learned how to speak hampster yet!

8/03/2006 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Do: Ask for the good doobage.
Don't: Screw Aunt Tillie. Yuck.

8/04/2006 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home