Monday, August 21, 2006

Half Way Mark

I had treatment #3 of 6 today. I am officially 1/2 way done treatment. I felt very guilty today, it seemed that every other patient who came in had some problem, or side effect that had them having to either skip or alter their treatment. There I sit no real problems just chugging along. I can't help my heart going out to these people.

Today as I sat being infused, a 70 year old lady who was also getting treatment was telling dirty jokes to her cronies in the corner. This was my favorite:

A young woman was on her honeymoon and she was shocked to find that her new husband had a prosthetic foot. Upon returning home, her mother asked her how the honeymoon went. The girl said I was very surprised to find my husband only had one foot. Her mother said, "You should be grateful, you're father only has 6 inches"!!!

I supposed hearing it out of the mouth of a senior citizen made it all the more funny!

All in all a good treatment.

Stand back and watch me Shine!

9 Comments:

Blogger PTfan said...

That is so funny that a granny said that!

Half way already. Wow. It seems to be going by fast. For me anyway since I'm not having it. How about for you?

Excellent that your treatment is going so very well. I am greatly thankful for that!!!

I find myself gettign very excited waiting for the Philly show!!!!

8/21/2006 03:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

HA!
I've got to adapt that one a bit for use at home. My Mother-in-law's 'beau' has one leg.

8/22/2006 04:59:00 AM  
Blogger Ahvarahn said...

Meg - I wish you well. Shine On.
Paul.

8/22/2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Meg!

I am standing back and watching a brave soul light up our universe!

Hold onto your ether...

8/22/2006 03:30:00 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

My 78 year old Mum probably knows that one already!

8/22/2006 03:31:00 PM  
Blogger MargieCM said...

Hi Meg - excellent news! Sounds as if the entertainment in there was pretty good too. I've known a few 'ratbag' older women (that's a compliment - it just means larrikin / non-conformist / don't give a monkey's), and they're great fun. I think they figure they've earned the right to say what they like.

It's lovely of you to be feeling for others in their difficulties. Hope some of your positive energy found its way into them.

Happy half-way!
M x

8/22/2006 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Bird said...

Great to hear things are going well with the treatments--plus, you get entertainment while you're waiting! Hope it continues to go as well!

8/22/2006 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Ok, I've worked out my own version.

Two sisters are discussing the fact that their Mother is getting remarried.
"Mom told me he has one foot."
"Well that will be an upgrade from Dad, Mom said he only had 6 inches."

8/23/2006 04:59:00 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Comedy...when it's grand, it's golden (or silver!).

I'm glad you're treatment, your response to treaments, is going well. We're all glad to watch you shine.

But I have a joke, and it requires an Italian speaking in English. I'll do my best:

I dunno what'a dese people dare tinking. They hab only a well. No water is running in their houses. I establish an irrigation system. They flush toilets, shower, drink from faucets now indoors. I get no thanks.

Then the people, they want to cross the road, but they cannot. The river crosses the road. They stand either side'a, waving like goofs until I build'em a bridge. I get'a no thanks.

But I fuck a goose!"


-ginab

8/23/2006 10:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home