Monday, August 14, 2006

Getting Better All The Time

Blood work today, sat in the waiting room for 40 minutes to have a 10 minute blood draw. I don't think I will ever get used to that. Hurry up and wait is the least logical thing that is expected of me and it is one thing I won't miss when I am done.

My blood work was very good. I am a very good patient in that respect. My numbers were better this time then they were at this point in my last cycle (and those were pretty damn good if I say so myself).

I still find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop as far as treatment is concerned. Waiting for some huge complication to set in. I did this when I was in labor having my first child. I remember thinking when is this going to get so bad that I will start moaning and screaming like the lady in the labor room next to mine, when will this horrible pain set in. It did finally set in but not until he turned 2!!!! I think I am going to be just fine.

Stand back and watch me shine!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lee Bird said...

Haha! The Terrible Twos!

Shine on, girl!

8/14/2006 07:40:00 PM  
Blogger PTfan said...

Fantastic! Great news!

I don't get why we have to wait so much either. It's pretty irritating.

The horrible pain set in when he turned 2! LOL You always crack me right up!

8/15/2006 05:44:00 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

You're so dang funny Meg. I could actually picture a shoe dropping and then a woman about our age but backk a few years crying in pain right along with a two-year old. Severe!

And for the waiting game...take along a good book. You're sure to be interrupted from reading something you enjoy and quick!

-ginab

PS: congratulations on the results!

8/16/2006 04:05:00 AM  
Blogger jillytee said...

Still watching! and glad to hear you're doing good
J

8/16/2006 07:18:00 AM  
Blogger MargieCM said...

Yes, Meg, you will be just fine. I'm so glad the treatment seems to be going so well for you. I understand what you mean about the waiting - I'm an impatient person, and there's such a lot of hanging around with medical procedures.

Maybe clinics and hospitals should get some nice candles in, dim the lights, put on a little music, provide something good to eat and drink, comfy sofas to sit or lie on ... at least the waiting would be relaxing then, and that has to be good for your health!

You think the U.S. authorities would be interested in a proposal?

Glad to see you're shiny as ever,
M x

8/16/2006 04:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Great news, Meg.
I'm very glad to see it.
:-)

Jeff

8/17/2006 06:14:00 AM  
Blogger Alecia said...

My son had the terrible two's, three's fours, and... oh dear that's the longest labor I've heard of yet and we're not even into the teenage years! j/k he's my angel - most days, well some days, oh alright just now and then... when does school start again?!!!

8/17/2006 08:03:00 AM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Meg,
Good news indeed. Glad to read that the treatments are working.

-AM

8/19/2006 01:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home