Monday, August 07, 2006

Peanut Butter and Chocolate, two great tastes together

Went in for my usual blood work today and my numbers were good. My WBC count was 3.1 and the low end of normal is 3.5, close enough for me. At this point during my first cycle it was at 2.5! Progress!

I was going to call the title of this post Cipro Be Gone but I thought the Peanut Butter and Chocolate would grab and hold everyone's attention better. The doctor took one look at me and my sunburn like rash from head to toe and decided I could go on something less potent. For christ sake they treat Anthrax with Cipro! They are giving an antibiotic that strong to someone who hasn't been on an antibiotic in 17 years, what the hell did they expect?? So I am now on Bactrim, hopefully I will tolerate it better.

I feel great, just like I did on this day in my last cycle, I see a pattern forming, they told me I would. This also works for me!

As for the Peanut Butter and Chocolate, well I totally cheated today and indulged in a Reese Cup! Do you have any idea how long is has been since I had one of those? I am not saying I don't cheat on my diet I do but I normally stray with a Milky Way and not too often, my goodness that tasted good!

Stand back and watch me shine!

10 Comments:

Blogger ginab said...

Today was the day Meg for PB and chocolate. I endulged in peanut butter M&Ms and I recommend them tho these are not as yummy as Reeses (nope!).

So glad the antibiotic has been reduced and that you're, as I read numbers, on the plus side of recovering. :-)

Good news deserves a little indulgence. Me and Bea Bea contended with a flea outbreak. Her first. Came with the new apartment. How flash is that? We have worked things out--the pests that is--and my hoovering arm is stronger than ever.

Glad to see you here as ever and thanks for dropping in to my site.

-g+bb

8/07/2006 06:46:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Ha! I went through a course of Cipro a few years ago for Lyme Disease. Blech. I got sunburned by walking from the house to the car.

8/08/2006 08:20:00 AM  
Blogger Lee Bird said...

Hmmm. I think I had Cipro once, and I don't remember any sunburn problems. Is Bactrim the one with the awful taste? Well for 1 percent of the population, maybe, but then I'm one of the 1 percent.

Cipro is really expensive and about they only thing used to treat Anthrax, so I'd figure they prescribe it 1) to make lots of money for the drug industry and 2) to keep the supply fresh. I guess you've got good insurance, eh Meg?

Keep shining!

8/08/2006 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Hi Meg-
So glad to hear your numbers are good.
You sound so chipper- I'm happy for ya!
Good for you for keeping away from antibiotics for so long. That's impressive.
Doctors are strange sometimes, why would they give you something like cipro if you haven't had antibiotics for umpteen years?
Oh well, hopefully the Bactrim will do the trick.
Sending postive vibes your way.
Stay sunny and keep on shinin'.
Lots of love,
Sue D.

8/09/2006 03:13:00 AM  
Blogger MargieCM said...

Meg this is good news indeed - you deserve your peanut butter and chocolate! We don't get Reese cups here - are they the little chocolate cases with PB inside? Taste sensation!

Glad they've pegged back your antibiotics. I suppose so many people take them almost routinely that we forget how powerful they are to those who have less of a built-up resistance.

Keep shining!

8/09/2006 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Pleased to hear things are going ok Meg.

Please explain to an ignorant Englishman, whats a Reese Cup?

Ron

8/11/2006 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Hi Meg, I'm shocked to realise I didn't know that you were ill. I've just been skimming through these posts of yours, and have to say you're a marvel. I love your attitude to your life now and your treatment and your fixed them of 'stand back and watch me shine'. I feel humbled.

I really hope things are improving for you Meg. this post suggests yes, but all the same, whatever ir throws at you, we are watching you shine through. xx Val

8/11/2006 05:11:00 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Meg,
glad to read that you're feeling better. Peanut butter and chocolate are a great food team.

Cheers,
AM

8/12/2006 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger Alecia said...

Glad to hear your Dr. is taking good care of you. Have to admit PB and Chocolate did get my attention! Although we can't have PB in the house due to a peanut allergy - I do remember the satisfaction of just one cup... Yum!

8/12/2006 09:42:00 PM  
Blogger jillytee said...

Just caught up with your blog, good to see you're doing well.
I am very, very excited as we are coming to NY to see Rachels ITA from Joes Pub next month.
Keep on shining!
J

8/13/2006 12:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home