Sunday, August 27, 2006

It has been a week!


I had treatment this past Monday and boy did I feel it all week. I suppose if there is a fun part to all of this, well fun may be too strong a word. How about I say and interesting part, I have a little mystery on my hands and I have the pleasure of trying to figure it all out, I love a challenge....Why did I feel so crappy this week as opposed to others and is there anything I can do about it? So I am going to do the CSI thing (Who Are You playing in the background) and try to figure out why? In a perfect world I could call on Nick Stokes (George Eads) to be my personal CSI investigator to help me solve this mystery but apparently this isn't a perfect world. I am on my own with this one!

They say as treatment goes on I have more drugs in my system and the side affects get worse. This is a logical explanation but one would think as time goes on they would get gradually worse and not dramatically worse after another treatment.

My main complaint is that my blood sugar is low and my metabolism is high during the first week after treatment. Not a good combination, does all the medicine I take to combat the side effects cause this reaction. During this time I need carbs to keep me from feeling the affects of low blood sugar. I guess that is all well and good but I haven't eaten carbs in almost 2 years and ingesting them now in such quantities is killing my stomach!

I also have had added stress with some changes at home to add to the equation, I haven't been sleeping well.

This is only a week of symptoms and I still work and exercise, I just don't like feeling like I am high all the time, I shouldn't complain but I do, I want to feel right. The strange part is that after a certain amount of days it is like a switch is flipped and I feel normal again just like that, more mystery!

So no closer to an answer, Nick Stokes where are you when I need you? I need these mysteries answered and I wouldn't mind a back rub either!!

Stand back and watch me shine!

11 Comments:

Blogger MargieCM said...

Hi Meg,

I imagine home stresses don't help (do they help anything?), but this is just a little hurdle. Perhaps the system just gets to a point of temporary drug saturation. Think of it in terms of the active ingredients kicking in. If you can feel it, it must be doing its job!

Go with the flow, and don't get too hung up on the rationale. You don't have to feel like superwoman every day. I never do, and I'm not having chemo!

Not sure I shine as bright as you do though.

M x

8/28/2006 01:07:00 AM  
Blogger jillytee said...

I agree with Margie, you have more
"shine" than most of us and it's definately ok to have the odd grouch about a body's reaction!!
Maybe carbs little and often would treat your digestion more kindly?
Keep shining 'cos we keep watching
Jill x

8/28/2006 01:27:00 AM  
Blogger Lee Bird said...

Definitely one of the great mysteries of life! Isn't it strange how our bodies work?

I know someone must be suggesting the high carbs to keep your blood sugar up, but wouldn't fats and oils go further and last longer?

Take care, and keep shining!

P.S. Let us know if George shows up!

8/29/2006 06:46:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Damn, that dude is hot!

9/01/2006 05:28:00 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Time for a rescue. Sleep is one rescue. I rarely do it myself, but I know by the way everyone tells me I really should and ought to and of all the benefits, I'm led to believe sleep gives a back rub all its own.

thinking of you!

-ginab

9/01/2006 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

test

9/02/2006 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger MargieCM said...

How are you going Meg? Hope quiet is good!

9/03/2006 04:59:00 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/04/2006 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

Hi Meg, you're on the home run now, over half way, the finishing line is in the distance and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep going and 'all shall be well'

We are all here with you both in mind and spirit.

Take it easy

Ron

9/04/2006 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger Lee Bird said...

Hope all is still well with you, Meg!

9/06/2006 03:53:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Ann said...

Meg, How are you doing? Keeping bright thoughts and prayers for ya so you can shine.
cherylann

9/07/2006 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home