Monday, June 11, 2007

The little things.............

As I read the comments from my last post, I realized how something so mundane to one person can be monumental to another. Yes, it is true, this past Saturday, I went to get a HAIRCUT!!! I know what your thinking, actually, I didn't think much of it either. I was talking to the hairdresser and telling her that I had had chemo and I wanted to cut the ends off of my hair to make is less fuzzy, the first hair that grows back is very soft. I joked with her and said yes, this is my first haircut (with this hair) and she kind of looked at me with this very genuine smile and said "Thank you for letting me be the first to cut your new hair". Only then did I realize the significance of the moment. Different milestones on our journey, some pass us by unnoticed and some leave their mark.

I had my second infusion today and I have a week left of the oral drugs for this cycle then a week off and God willing after that I will start and finish my last cycle. Fingers crossed!

STAND BACK AND WATCH ME SHINE!!

Meg

4 Comments:

Blogger PTfan said...

Ha ha! It took me about an hour after our phone call until, "I'm getting a haircut" registered in my brain. Once it did, it made me very happy! Even now, my heart is swelling with joy!

6/11/2007 06:19:00 PM  
Blogger PTfan said...

Is the beach a place where a Meg can get away from work sometimes and relax?

6/11/2007 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

milestone indeed, and from your post I could sense the privilege the hairdresser experienced. You two share an important memory. Undoubtedly.

I am so pleased, so glad all over, for you Meg! Truly, truly. Cancer 0, YES!

you so shine and perhaps will do on the beach.

yes!

-ginab

6/11/2007 07:11:00 PM  
Blogger jillytee said...

Hi Meg,
just looked in and yes you have just put up a new post!
I have been very slack with blogging lately
just too many distractions, work, family etc,.

But hey you're doing really well, the haircut experience was very touching and a big step forward in your journey. A collegue at work has been through a similar jouney and her 'new hair' is beautiful and soft and has tiny curls!

Keep well and enjoy your 'week off'
I have my fingers crossed for fantastic success
SO YOU JUST GO SHINE !

J x

6/12/2007 03:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home